The primary function of this role is to interpret customer requirements and create CNC programs to specification to facilitate the manufacture of desired parts.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Offline programming using WoodWOP for HOMAG machines
- Drawing imports via HOMAG Pro
- Collaborative approach with the drill shop regarding machining methods or programming advice
- Creating and seeking customer approval of 2D technical drawings using Auto Cad software
The ideal candidate will be able to display the following attributes:
- Logical thinker with the ability to plan and organise own workload
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Able to resolve queries appropriately.
- Identifies problems, managing to resolution.
- Investigative nature.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Maintain excellent working relations with key departments and managers to ensure communication is well delivered throughout
- Must be pro-active and able to multi-task within a busy working environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and enthusiasm are essential, as is the ability to meet deadlines.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 07:30 am to 17:00 pm. Flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
To be considered for our Offline Programmer/Technical Assistant role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Formal training for CNC programming software such as WoodWOP is desirable but not essential as training can be given.
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of CNC programming preferably within a sheet material production setting desirable.
- Knowledge of general engineering and manufacturing processes.