This is a fantastic opportunity for a Furniture Assembly Operative to join a growing, dynamic organisation – competitive pay, career progression and excellent working environment.
Alexander Cleghorn is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958. We offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels. Furniture components are manufactured on our state-of-the-art machinery, which occupies several well-constructed factories on our sixteen-acre site.
We are currently looking to recruit a Furniture Assembly Operative to join our Assembly team on the evening shift.
As Furniture Assembly Operative, you will be responsible for using CAD drawing plans to assemble furniture according to the Company’s quality processes within the timeframe required whilst adhering to health and safety guidelines.
What’s on offer?
- Full training and ongoing support
- Scope to progress within the business
- Monday to Friday (no weekends): 15:30 – 00:00 (40 hours per week)
- On-site parking
- Work and adhere to this schedule and drawings.
- Ensure that all relevant drawings, products and fixings are available to complete all required works.
- Ensure prior to assembly that all parts of the product meet the specifications of the orders and quality standards required at this stage of the process.
- Work as part of a team.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Work within the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974 at all times and in all working areas.
- Ad-hoc tasks may be requested from time to time that is not listed above but will be required.
- Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
- Perform any reasonable management instruction within the time frame requested.
To be considered for our Furniture Assembly Operative role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in manufacturing
- Experience in assembly
Skills / Knowledge
- The ability to read and work from CAD drawings
- Good communications skills
- Must be pro-active and able to multi-task within a busy working environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility, self-motivation and enthusiasm are essential, as is the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organise your own workload.
If you feel you have the skills for our Furniture Assembly Operative role, please apply now!