As a 3D Designer, your primary role involves interpreting customer requirements and creating 3D models using Homag iX/Wood CAD/CAM design tools. The majority of your time will be dedicated to design work, including generating 2D and 3D technical drawings with AutoCAD software. You will also provide technical support to customers, collaborate closely with them on unit designs, and assist with technical support for sales. Additionally, your responsibilities include optimizing orders using Magicut software, generating assembly drawings and fittings lists, and ensuring the CAD/CAM library is up to date. Adherence to health and safety regulations, as well as occasional ad-hoc tasks, may also be required.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday, 07:30 am to 17:00 pm, and flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
3D Designer Requirements
- Experience of 2D/3D drawing software
- Ability to produce accurate models both parametric and non-parametric
- MS Excel (Intermediate Level), MS Outlook
- Minimum GCSE English and Mathematics
- Able to read and interpreted technical drawings and specifications
- 3+ years of Autodesk 3D drawing software
- Ideally worked with sheet board optimisation software before but not essential
- Knowledge of general engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Worked within a design / manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of producing drawings and technical information for production
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
Meet the Organisation: Who We Are and What We Do
Alexander Cleghorn is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958. We offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels. Bespoke furniture is also manufactured for a wide range of clients in retail, hospitality, education and hospitals.
Ready to take your 3D designing skills to the next level? Your dream opportunity awaits! Apply now!